Purpose :To provide architectural project support role under the direction of the Company Architect / Project Architect in services and projects undertaken by the company. Working under their own initiative the candidate will be responsible for the production of drawings and other detailed construction documentation under the direction of the Project Architect. This role will require a significant amount of site based work for extended durations.
- Production of technically sound architectural deliverables (drawings, specification, schedules), in accordance with project standards and schedule.
- Coordination of design with other disciplines – including Civil & Structural, MEP services, Process engineers.
- Produce sketch / conceptual design for projects, including production of presentation material, under the direction of senior staff.
- Ensure sound buildability of all design work.
- To contribute to the development of architectural standards and solutions which support the specialist areas of the Company’s business.
- Encourage inter-disciplinary working across teams and contribute to specific project teams, leading them when required.
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships are established and maintained with clients, suppliers and internal colleagues. Ensuring that confidentiality is observed and maintained when dealing with private/confidential correspondence, reports, statements, records, other documents and information.
- Comply with the Company’s Quality Assurance procedures and assist in the review of standards and procedures to promote a continuing improvement in the service provided to the company’s clients.
- Liaising with Project Manager / Contract Administrator to coordinate the issue of further instructions as required..
- Site visits as necessary to provide construction and technical support.
- Liaising with main / sub-contractor and design teams.
- Professionally qualified Architectural Technician (TCIAT) or preferably Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT), with over 5 years professional experience in complex projects.
- Experience in the high technology, process driven, or industrial sector building design.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinated working drawings and production information for design packages.
- Good knowledge with broad experience in design, and construction of buildings. The post holder must have working knowledge of current legislation and practices.
- Self-motivated rational thinker with good motivational skills able to communicate with all disciplines at all levels.
- Experience and knowledge of industry CAD platforms, with particular emphasis on Revit Architecture, and IT Systems.
- A good working knowledge of building construction, expressed through drawn / written documents.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and an on-going commitment to undertake training and studies to meet the demands of both current and future legislation.
- Ability to develop sketch detail solutions / clarifications where necessary
- Must be capable of working under site conditions
- Ability to undertake and complete local site surveys where necessary to allow the resolution of outstanding details