Senior Surveyor seeking to join a fast paced growing Buildings Main Contractor that has just had £45 Million of Contract awards in The Midlands on 2x Industrial Awards. This role offers genuine growth into a Directorship for the right person that has the commercial acumen and personality for the group.
The focus of the role would be to drive the successful commercial performance of these project, this includes risk accountability, team management and building client relationships across the Midlands up to the Cheshire Border. This group is historically more focused on the South & London region so these are key awards in a National roll out plan.
As a Main Contractor we negotiate 75 % of our workload so its key that this person has the client facing and soft skills to work with people both internally and externally. We do not get contractual with clients as its not our style.
- Manage a projects commercial strategy that then can balance risk to the business
- Work with the procurement team and quantity surveyors to achieve the relevant objectives
- Resolve contractual and commercial problems when they arise
- Define and embed a commercial approach to the running of the department across all levels of the hierarchy.
- Ensure that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties both internal and external
- Structure commercial terms for customer proposal during the bid process that are relevant to Delivery
- Bachelor’s degree Quantity Surveying
- Has the ability to work within a small management team
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Senior Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management – Have you led your own projects within the Industrial & Warehouse SHEDS Sector ?
- Recent experience within a reputable main contractor
- Happy to hands on do opposed to always delegate
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent financial skills
- Strong understanding of how technology can assist with the delivery of projects
- Open to travel across the Midlands region
If this role is of interest- please send me your CV, including project details to firstname.lastname@example.org