Commercial Manager that has a clear track record on Heavy Civil Engineering Projects. Refineries, LNG or Industrial / Process Related Projects desired by our client.
This could be described as a contractual environment with plenty of administration and tight constraints on site. The client is testing and this person needs to be on their toes to ensure that the contract works and margin is hit.
For someone interested in complex civil engineering projects look no further. You will be joining a Leading International Contractor with over 100 Years of trading worldwide. Examples of successful projects would be Tunnels, Bridges, Metro Works , Power & Industrial. This employer gives you the chance to travel the world and get into some exciting projects! The outlook in the Netherlands is buoyant and this project will run into 2025 with a further award currently at negotiation stage.
Based on this €150 Million project you will lead the commercial department on site, administer the contract and work closely with the Project Director to ensure you make the most of all commercial opportunities on site. Can you make 6% into 7.5% through sub contract management, extensions of time and civil engineering experience & awareness. The project is based just outside of Rotterdam and you will have a dotted line into the Regional Commercial Manager based in Amsterdam.
What our client is seeking :
- Strong Educational background – HNC or Degree Quantity Surveying from a reputable establishment
- 15 Years Relevant experience in the industry for Tier 1 Main Contractors (Civil Engineering)
- NEC & FIDIC Contracts Experience Desired
- Strong communication skills
- Understands urgency and how time affects program & profitability
- Good understanding of how to manage and lead people towards a clear goal
- Able to keep calm under pressure and see clearly
- Wordsmith able to pull together a letter if needed whilst handling the numbers on site
You will be working a 5 to 5 1/2 day week, there is no rotation policy so the business is looking for someone to settle there but open to someone returning home for long weekend to UK , Ireland or Europe. We want to be open on these aspects as this is NOT A client expecting you to work 10 days straight then fly you back (D/C sector). This role has plenty of growth and potential so if you are looking for career advancement and progression lets speak.
If you want to learn more reach out to Tim on email@example.com and a member of the team will make confidential contact