Managing Director of a Multi Disciplinary Contractor has engaged our services to appoint a Corporate Head of Procurement. This business has delivered projects ranging from 100 Million QAR to 1.9 Billion QAR withing Buildings , Civil Engineering & Fit Out Sectors. The business is in a growth phase due to project awards and key client relationships in Doha.
Do you have the character , communication skills and technical know how to be a success within this fast paced business ? Our client want to appoint someone with a desire for 7-10 Years in Qatar . You will be settled in Qatar and relish the challenges this role brings.
Our client is looking to appoint a Head of Procurement to be based full time in the Qatar . The Group want to hire someone that has a track record and maturity to make this role their own . You will be responsible for establishing ISO standards within the department . By the nature of the role we need someone that has a can do attitude to drive , manage and grow the department. Ultimately being responsible directly to the Managing Director for all P&L activities for your department .
This is a step in the business being efficiently proactive opposed to reactive to the market. You will key a key senior member of the management team and will sit in regular reviews looking at group & project performance
This role will suit someone with a track record in contracting . Man Power , Materials and Sub Contract makes up a large percentage of the buying gains so you will have extensive knowledge in these key areas.
Management / Duties
- Set , manage and maintain budget
- Look at resourceful procurement strategies
- Oversee Strategy , Projects and Pre Tender work
- Analyse Data & Spot Opportunities & Trends
- Clearly manage and drive a procurement team
- Look at and manage associated risk within your department
- 5 Years Management Experience in a similar post
- Have a local Qatar network & knowledge base
- 15 Years Post Graduate experience
- Bachelors Degree – Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Business Administration
- Strong IT skills
- Language Skills – English Essential & Arabic Desirable
How to Apply: Please apply directly through our website or contact Tim Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more