Leading European client is hiring a Environmental Manager in Saudi Arabia.
Working closely alongside a European Project Manager and with a Corporate Line Manager based in Europe.
An application with a marine ecology background – particularly coral reef experience is DESIRED.
- Preparation of environmental related project plans and documents (e.g. CEMP specialized subplans), risk assessments, incident reports, inspection reports, Client weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, internal monthly reports etc.
- Familiar with specialized environmental monitoring programs (e.g. sea water and sediment quality, surveys on corals, seagrasses, mangroves, migratory birds, turtles, marine mammals, real time water monitoring stations etc.)
- Coordination with third party consultants for implementing the environmental monitoring of the project as well as organizing environmental monitoring that can be done in house.
- Performing regular inspections, and audits etc. to identify compliance including recommendations for corrective or preventive action where appropriate.
- To coordinate with Client all relevant environmental requirements of the project.
Minimum Requirements & Skill Set
- Marine & Ecology Project Experience
- Minimum of 5 Years in a similar post
- Strong written and verbal communication & report writing and reviewing skills. You must get on with people and able to build relationships.
- Strong technical environmental skills across marine construction and natural environments and/or sustainability.
- Bachelor or Master in Environmental Engineering.