– Oversee all preconstruction activities, commercial and technical tender submissions, Business Development and Marketing activities.
– Liaise with Business Development staff to plan/manage tender opportunities and in line with strategy, resources, and the Business Plan.
– Develop and maintain relationships with clients & consultants to ensure company is included in future work opportunities.
– Attend Contractor selection interviews, including preparation beforehand.
– Thoroughly appraise tender documentation when received to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information, inadequate or incorrect design.
– Appoint / vet and manage the Design Team. Ensuring terms and conditions of the appointment /notation are acceptable, lead designer role is defined, and all services are included.
– Plan/manage the tender period (in conjunction with team members) of every bid, to ensure that:
– sufficient information is received in time.
– that the BOQ is prepared sufficiently early.
– design subcontractors have sufficient information to prepare quotations.
– Presentation documentation is in-hand.
– Appraise tenders prepared in the department and present for settlement with Senior Staff
– Discuss and agree commercial aspects of each tender
– Manage the relationship with the client and his team.
– Negotiate with the client and his team in conjunction with other senior staff
– Prepare reports of tendering performance and statistics as required by Senior Management
– Perform other related duties as required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in construction/ HND/ or equivalent
– Well-developed commercial & technical knowledge & skills.
– Analytical, problem solving and information seeking skills.
– Good in relationship and network building
– Negotiation Skills
– Able to work independently and with a team.
– Experience of managing and developing staff
– Well awareness on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
– A track record of exposure to KSA/UAE/Oman construction markets
– Minimum 15 years’ experience in Construction Industry.
– Ideally 3 years’ experience in a similar position.