It’s all good having great Plant but it’s no good without the right people to maintain it and keep it moving. Therefore we are hiring an experienced Mechanic that has worked on Heavy Duty Plant , Paving Machinery & Haulage Vehicles.
In a perfect world this person will have worked for a Civil Engineering Contractor or Heavy Plant Sub Contractor. If this person understands the aviation sector & airport projects such as runways , paving and airside work this will be a major advantage . Alternatively if this person has transferable skills from Major Motorways & Highways we can look at this.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Implement maintenance program
• Ensure machinery is in a good working order
• Prepare list for maintenance and spare parts required
• Responsible for stock control of equipment spares, consumables
• Maintain and secure work tools
• Cleaning and maintenance of work area and applicable stores
• Ensure that equipment maintenance and repairs works carried out in a safe manner
• Night shift working within live airfield environment may be required
This person will report into the Operations Manager & Head of Plant. You must be a team player and have the right attitude to work. Motivating , communicating clearly and enjoying work is ESSENTIAL in this POST.
- At least 4 Years relevant experience
- Worked as a Mechanic handling machinery and equipment
- Asphalt Paving Experience
- Welding & Fabrication Experience desired
- Full clean driving license
- Comfortable to regularly take drugs and alcohol tests whilst on site
What is essential before applying
- You understand that this is a Site Based Hands on role so this can often mean 45- 60 Hrs per week depending upon workload
- You must have a clean criminal record as achieving a VISA is the US is a long and drawn out process. Therefore honesty, reference checks and a meeting with the US consulate are all KEY.
- You must be a UK or Irish Passport Holder due to visa requirements
- You are comfortable with the salary and benefits provided
- Able to start employment before Sept 2023
If this is you please send a word formatted CV to: email@example.com